Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Libidos Revealed: Coochie Confidential

A Good Woman's Dirty Mind has a great post up in Coochie Confidential: Things You Must Know About the Vagina. I recommend it for anyone who owns a vagina, or has a keen interest in them. I know I do. Much of what she lists I already knew, but even so, there were some things new to me, obsessive researcher that I am. Here's a little sample--there's more good stuff at the other end of the link:

Being Anatomically Correct

1. The first and most important thing to know is that the vagina is an internal structure. The outer portion of a woman’s privates is called the vulva, which includes the inner and outer labia, the clitoris, clitoral hood and the opening to the urethra and vagina.

2. The average length of an unaroused vagina in a mature woman is between 2.5 and 3 inches wide and 3.5 inches long. The vagina can expand up to 200% during sexual intercourse and giving birth.

3. Inside the vagina is a series of ridges produced by folds of the vagina called the vaginal reggae. They allow the vagina to extend and stretch.

4. The length of the labia minora can be between 3/4 inch and 2 1/3 inches.

5. Both sharks and vaginae have a substance called squalene. Squalene exists in shark livers and is also a natural vaginal lubricant.

Personally, I can’t fathom how women would not learn all they could about their genitals, but I’ve met some with absolutely zero interest. Go figure. Personally, I’ve always been fascinated by lady parts–they’re so mysterious and beckoning and just waiting to be explored. It amazes me how dramatically varied they are, both in physical form and responsiveness. That, in and of itself, deserves its own post some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment